If you have the time its great to relax and enjoy the process of doing something nice for yourself. This spa manicure takes about 30 to 35 minutes and will leave your nails and hands looking beautiful! If you do not know what shape to do your nails check out our nail shape guide here.
Follow these simple steps for the perfect at-home spa manicure:
- Remove old polish using a gentle remover
- Prepare a small bowl with warm water and add a little moisturizing liquid soap
- File your nails to your desired shape.
- Apply a few dots of cuticle remover to each nail and rub in gently
- Soak your hands in the prepared warm, soapy water. Let soak for a few minutes in order to soften cuticles. Use a gentle soap that won’t dry out your skin
- Using an orange wood stick, push your cuticles back gently. Never cut the cuticles, as this can lead to damage and even infection
- Massage hands with a creamy hand lotion. Rub in for a couple of minutes in order to fully hydrate the skin, particularly if you are suffering from dry winter skin
- Wipe nails with nail polish remover and then on a damp cloth in order to remove excess oil
- Apply a base coat or nail strengthener before adding two coats of your favorite shade of nail polish. Always start on the side of the nail and use three strokes to fully coat each nail. Follow with a top coat, which will lock in your nail polish for longer and you are done!